Diet and exercise are often at the core of our efforts towards healthy living and weight loss. But it is equally important to recognize and acknowledge the role hormones have in controlling our weight and body composition – understanding their impact can aid individuals and families alike when making better health decisions.
The doctors at Your Family Medical offers the best hormone replacement therapy which promotes weight loss at 3 convenient Texas locations: Lewisville, Bedford & Benbrook.
Hormonal Influences on Weight are Strong
Hormones are chemical messengers which control many bodily processes such as metabolism, appetite and energy expenditure. If their delicate balance becomes upset it could lead to weight gain or prevent weight loss altogether. Hormones play an integral part in body composition.
Weight Loss and Hormones
Hormones produced by glands such as thyroid, adrenal and pancreatic are responsible for contributing to weight loss—they include thyroid hormone, adrenaline and pancreatic. Here are a few hormones which could aid weight loss:
- Insulin is produced by the pancreas to regulate blood sugar levels, while imbalanced or resistant levels may contribute to weight gain.
- Leptin, also known as the “satiety hormone,” plays an essential role in controlling appetite and fat accumulation. Leptin signals to your brain when enough food has been eaten – however, leptin resistance can alter this process, leading to overeating.
- Cortisol, produced by adrenal glands, is the stress hormone. Chronic stress may cause its production to remain at elevated levels for long enough that abdominal fat accumulates and weight increases significantly.
- Estrogen and Progesterone: Both estrogen and progesterone play an essential role in fat distribution and storage, so any imbalance during menopause could contribute to weight gain.
Hormone Pellet Therapy and Weight Loss
Hormone pellet therapy has recently gained prominence. In this form of hormone treatment, small pellets are implanted subcutaneously (typically buttocks and abdomen) to release a steady dosage of hormones into the system.
Testosterone: Testosterone is essential to both men and women. Hormone pellet therapy can help optimize testosterone levels to promote weight loss and body composition improvements.
Estradiol: Estrogen levels begin to naturally decline during menopause, leading to changes in body composition and an accumulation of abdominal fat. Estradiol pellet therapy may help supplement this essential hormone for weight loss by decreasing abdominal fat accumulation.
How to Select an Effective & Safe Hormone Therapy Plan
Consult a healthcare professional such as Your Family Medical in Lewisville, Bedford & Benbrook when seeking hormone replacement therapy options, as they will assess your hormone levels and medical history to develop the most suitable plan for you. Hormone replacement therapy should aim at correcting hormonal imbalances while prioritizing overall health and safety – while providing maximum weight loss without adverse side effects. Here are the key takeaways from this discussion on HRT:
- Hormones play a critical role in body composition and weight regulation.
- Hormonal imbalances such as insulin resistance or leptin dysregulation may impede weight loss.
- Hormonal balance can be restored through testosterone-estradiol pellet therapy for weight loss and hormonal balance restoration.
- Speak with a healthcare provider to identify the ideal hormone replacement therapy plan.
Medical Weight Loss Services are offered in Lewisville, Bedford and Benbrook TX
These services can assist in weight management to promote overall wellness. Your Family Medical can assist in meeting your weight loss goals. Understanding the role hormones have on body composition and weight reduction is crucial to living a healthy lifestyle; hormone replacement therapy and hormone pellet therapy may help restore hormonal balance to optimize body composition and support weight loss goals. Individuals and families alike can improve their health by consulting a healthcare provider such as Your Family Medical. View our locations right here.